JSON for AddedLines is different depending on if grid is empty or not.
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.13 (Build 39571)
Platform Version
11.9.0 (Build 17011)

Hi,

I've encountered an issue where the structure of the JSON for Added Lines if different depending on if my grid is empty or not.  When the grid is empty it formats the JSON as a List of Record of my entity type.

Example of two rows added to an empty grid:

[{"QuoteQuestion":{"DisplayOrder":2,"ClassId":"1699","TriggeringQuoteAnswerValueId":"3","QuoteAnswerActionId":"1"}},{"QuoteQuestion":{"DisplayOrder":1,"ClassId":"663","TriggeringQuoteAnswerValueId":"3","QuoteAnswerActionId":"1"}}] 

When the grid is not empty, the AddedLines JSON is formatted as a List of my entity type.

Example of two rows added to a non-empty grid:

[{"DisplayOrder":4,"ClassId":"962","TriggeringQuoteAnswerValueId":"1","QuoteAnswerActionId":"2"},{"DisplayOrder":3,"ClassId":"674","TriggeringQuoteAnswerValueId":"3","QuoteAnswerActionId":"1"}]

I've managed to work around the issue for now by checking my original dataset and deserializing one way if the dataset is empty, and the other way if it's not.

Thanks,

Greg

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.