[OneSignal Plugin] RegisterWithUser returns "No role validation found" error
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

Hello!

When I call RegisterWithUser, my device gets subscribed properly and shows up in OneSignal, but the Devices entity in OutSystems remains empty. I checked the Service Center logs, and every time I register a user, I'm getting a "No role validation found" error.

I'm having this issue with both Android and iOS devices.

As you can see, my devices are registered and subscribed, but the Device entity is empty.

I tested it a bit, and it seems like the error occurs in the RegisterUserAsync action. When the process reaches the RegisterUser action (which is responsible for filling the device entity), it throws the "No role validation found" error and stops. 

Since the error is talking about role validation, I figured that the issue may be related to how I'm calling the RegisterWithUser action, but I don't see anything wrong with my Login action.

I feel like I'm just going around in circles at this point. Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?

I found a workaround!

I set AsyncRegistration to false and changed the RegisterUser script so that it returns the PushToken and PlayerId, which lets me call RegisterUser directly.  

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.