Traditional app
Application Type
Traditional Web

below is an application which i want to create but how the 5 step and 6 step will work i can't understand please help me out

task delegation :A web application for work or task delegation in an organisation below are the basic details of the application.

1)login page with remember password

2)two roles admin and member

3)a admin dashboard with count of total employees and task list of the admin 

4)member dashboard with member task list

5)action in absence of member A he can allocate his task to member B 

6)validation:one cannot delegate his task to himself

one cannot allot task to admin role users

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Sheeba,

To implement point no. 5 and 6 you need to build your own logic. I am assuming that you must have an entity where the task and user mapping are being stored (which task is assigned to which user). Now in order to assign the task from one person to another or assign your task task to someone else , you need to design a screen where user can see all the task assigned to him and he can select a task which he wants to assign to someone else. now on the same screen you need to have the list of users in dropdown from which you can select a user and assign him the task . On the save/assign action you need to update the entity with the selected user id.

Now for point no. 6 while fetching the user list in dropdown you need to put some condition in query so that it wont fetch the user which is logged in (some like select * from users where userid <> loggedin userid).

Regards,

-PJ-

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi SHEEBA,

As it takes considerable time to create an application with the requirements you need, 

I checked the forge and found an application with the features similar to what you need.

look:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2516/track-project

you can tailor it to your needs.

hope it's hep.

Regards.

Champion

Hi SHEEBA,

Your question is ambiguous. It depends on your Data Model and Logic.

e.g.: If your task table have a userid column that define who is in charge of this task,

then you can change it to the proxy user.

Kind regards,

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Sheeba,

To implement point no. 5 and 6 you need to build your own logic. I am assuming that you must have an entity where the task and user mapping are being stored (which task is assigned to which user). Now in order to assign the task from one person to another or assign your task task to someone else , you need to design a screen where user can see all the task assigned to him and he can select a task which he wants to assign to someone else. now on the same screen you need to have the list of users in dropdown from which you can select a user and assign him the task . On the save/assign action you need to update the entity with the selected user id.

Now for point no. 6 while fetching the user list in dropdown you need to put some condition in query so that it wont fetch the user which is logged in (some like select * from users where userid <> loggedin userid).

Regards,

-PJ-

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.