Splash screen
Question

Hello All,

I have a requirement of skipping the splash screen when i am opening a webscreen in new tab.

I have a link on which i click and the target webscreen opens in a new tab but has a splash screen which is given to whole application.

I want to skip that splash screen for that scenario

How can i achieve that?

Solution

I was able to achieve that by changing the extended attribute Target=_blank to blank

Thanks Nuno for the support.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Krunal.

I think you should read this topic.

Summary: the splash screen means that the page is loading. Without it, the user would simply stare at an empty page.

For that, you can use Traditional development and only after Preparation you have screen content.

Hello Nuno,

Thank you for the reply

I want my splash screen to remain intact for all other scenarios.

But for this particular scenario, is there any way i can disable or skip splash screen?

Scenario is:-

I am showing a list of documents on a web screen and on clicking on a link for certain document

i am navigating to new web screen by opening a new tab for showing document there.

So splash screen is un necessary and creating delay.

mvp_badge
MVP

I'm trying to change my mindset to have an idea on how to do it.

You could edit the layout, but that is not ideal.

What about you create a Container or an If that embraces the entire page, and after all queries end you make the content visible? The user would have a blank page.

But I would place a "Loading" on that space and create an alternative to the splash screen.

Solution

I was able to achieve that by changing the extended attribute Target=_blank to blank

Thanks Nuno for the support.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.