Can't pass a "Is Function" parameter from No to Yes

Hello,

I'd like to use a CreateorUpdateXXX in a workflow and don't have access to it.
While watching my service module in which my datas are stocked, it seems that only the GetXXX is available as it is the only one in service.
How can I pass all the others in IsFunction = 'Yes' (the menu at the bottom is locked)
Thanks, 

SSOS.png

Solution

Hi,

Is your entity (from where comes the CreateOrUpdate) with Expose Read Only attribute as yes? Maybe is that the reason that you can have it in another modules. The is Function attribute is to use it in expressions, and it's not editable.

If you want to add that as a dependency to another module, you need to:

1) (Not the best solution, but faster) Chage the Exposed read only attribute to No, republish your producer module and then go to the consumer module and refresh your dependencies;

2) Create an Action inside the producer module (Normally called a wrapper) where you abstract your Create or Update business rules, where you use the entity CreateOrUpdate inside of it. then, make that action public and consume it in your consumer module.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

M. Ricardo Pereira, you well deserve your champion status !

Thanks you a lot :)

Hi @Jean-Baptiste Bossis,

The default actions created by Entities in Outsystems cannot be converted. Only the GET action is a function.

Can you explain what do you need to do exactly with the CreateOrUpdate? Usually you have to drag and drop in the workflow and specify the input parameter (which always takes the Entity Record) and returns the Output Parameter (ID of the Row Created).

Thanks,

FRamires

Solution

Hi,

Is your entity (from where comes the CreateOrUpdate) with Expose Read Only attribute as yes? Maybe is that the reason that you can have it in another modules. The is Function attribute is to use it in expressions, and it's not editable.

If you want to add that as a dependency to another module, you need to:

1) (Not the best solution, but faster) Chage the Exposed read only attribute to No, republish your producer module and then go to the consumer module and refresh your dependencies;

2) Create an Action inside the producer module (Normally called a wrapper) where you abstract your Create or Update business rules, where you use the entity CreateOrUpdate inside of it. then, make that action public and consume it in your consumer module.

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ricardo M Pereira

M. Ricardo Pereira, you well deserve your champion status !

Thanks you a lot :)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.