Views
Comments
Solved
[OutSystems Maps] No documentation available to guide a developer to obtain and configure the API Key
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Reactive

I think it is a missed opportunity, to not provide step-by-step instructions on how to obtain an API key from Google, and safely configure this in the application.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi @Daniël Kuhlmann,

I kind of agree with you :)

Kind of, because also being an external provider, that information is found there, like Joost mention.

However the documentation should have something about it, definitely, at least some general guidelines, and better if some guidelines on where to securely store it...

I made the feedback reach the team working on it.

Cheers,

RG

Isn’t it in the Google integration excersise? I do recall seeing it somewhere in the course. The screens were a bit outdated, though.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi @Daniël Kuhlmann,

I kind of agree with you :)

Kind of, because also being an external provider, that information is found there, like Joost mention.

However the documentation should have something about it, definitely, at least some general guidelines, and better if some guidelines on where to securely store it...

I made the feedback reach the team working on it.

Cheers,

RG

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.