Extension with multiple external connections issue
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.15 (Build 40207)
Platform Version
11.11.2 (Build 28863)

I have an extension that connects to two different external databases, during the weekend one of these two external db servers went down.

Related to the situation above, the processes and functionalities that run of the 2nd db connection (not the one that went down) also started to have issues. As soon as the 1st connection was fixed, the issues for the connection of the 2nd db were also gone.

My question is whether one connection failure influences the stability of the other connections within the same extension?

Hi Bart,

When having different databases two extensions should be developed and not use different connections in the same extension.

Saying that having different connections in the same extension, having problems in the first connection should not impact the second one.

Analyze changing from one extension to two, if this is not possible, open a support case.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Pisco.

Thank you Ricardo,

For the future i will keep to the practice of making different extensions for each db connection.

I am not sure what you tried to do here, but its safe to say the answer is no.

You should check if your connection object is the same for both or your error handling in the extension is the cause of this problem.

If you need more help, please provide more information so we can check your extension.

Hi Bart,

When having different databases two extensions should be developed and not use different connections in the same extension.

Saying that having different connections in the same extension, having problems in the first connection should not impact the second one.

Analyze changing from one extension to two, if this is not possible, open a support case.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Pisco.

Thank you Ricardo,

For the future i will keep to the practice of making different extensions for each db connection.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.