DateTime on X-axis
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.15 (Build 40206)

Hello, I'm new to outsystems and trying some basic stuff. But I can't find it to work. I would like to build a line chart where the data on the Y-axis is plotted over Date time on the X-axis. I have a excel file with a Date time and a corresponding Value. In the reactive web app I would like to be able to choose the start and end Date time to plot the chart. Something simular can be seen in the image below, this comes from a tutorial on how to customize the line chart. Is there any tutorial available on how to do this with sample data?

I was able to get it work with ID as a input on the X-axis. In the image below you can see the number of datapoints as a integer input and the Startofdatapoints as a integer input. But these are linked to the corresponing ID of the value and not the actual Date time of the value. I hope someone can provide me a tutorial or maybe a short instruction on how to make the Date time of the value the start index of the dataset. If I understand correctly the start point of the chart is set in de start index of the aggregate and this needs to be a integer, so I don't understand how to make a Datetime value the start point of the chart.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Lars Segers

Hi,

I have create a page where user can select to date and from date based on that chart will update.

Please check here , https://komal-k.outsystemscloud.com/ChartsDemo/Charts.aspx

I have attached OML here , you can find it inside Chart screen

ChartsDemo.oml

Hi Lars,

What I understood from you r question is,

You want the line chart as per the date user selected? -

For this you can add a filter in the aggregate that you gave to the source of chart,

Also you can style the Date time like this,

Here is some documents for reactive charts,

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/Charts_API/Create_Line_and_Area_Charts

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/Charts_API

Hope this may help,

Regards,

Komal

Hello Komal,

Correct, I want the chart per DateTime and the window of the X-axis to be selectable. Just like the example image ChartsDemo. 

I tried some things with the information you gave but I can't find it to work. I'm able to show the date on the X-axis but I'm not able to make the window selectable by date.

If I understand correctly, de window of the chart is changed based on the start index and max records of the aggragate (see image below).

But these value's have to be a Integer. So if I make a Input with type date time, I'm not able to link it to this start index ofcourse. 

Also you said something about a Filter. But I don't really know how I could use this filter to solve this problem?

I hope you can help me with this problem. Maybe you have a simple example, like the example of the image ChartsDemo or something simular?

Regards,

Lars

Hi ,

I did not got your point of window selectable by date.

Do you ,chart as per date? Means user can select date and chart will reflect as per entered date?

Please confirm once.

Ok, I'll create a sample OML for this and upload here ,

Hi,

I have create a page where user can select to date and from date based on that chart will update.

Please check here , https://komal-k.outsystemscloud.com/ChartsDemo/Charts.aspx

I have attached OML here , you can find it inside Chart screen

ChartsDemo.oml

Hi Lars,

Is that logic helped you?

Regards,

Komal

Hello Komal,

I will look into it, if you don't hear anything from me back it problably helpt!

I want to thank you for the help you gave me!

Regards,

Lars

You're welcome !!

If that's the case then when you get time, mark the post as solved, so any one looking for such answers, will get it.

Regards,

Komal

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.