Error sending email 347: Unable to read data from the transport connection
Question

We recently upgraded the platform version to 11.10.3. After this we are noticing this error in sending emails. no changes are made to email configuration in servicecenter

Error sending email 349: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at sch#ewyxfmvn.sch#egssyebu.sch#xxfsjmqb()
   at sch#ewyxfmvn.sch#egssyebv.sch#rghlesyi(sch#egssyebu bb, String bc, Boolean bd)
   at sch#ewyxfmvn.sch#egssyebv.sch#rghlesyk(Int32 bg, Int32 bh)

Champion

Hi Chinthan,

I also encountered this error previously. Did you change your server vm or ip address? Are you able to telnet to your smtp server and do manual email send?

In my case, i rectified the issue by asking the network team to open the firewall.

Hope it helps

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for your reply. I am able to telnet the SMTP server the FE without any issues.

Anything to check with anti-virus that we run on the machines?

Champion

Hi Chinthan,

In my case, I also asked the o365 mail administrator to whitelist the server ip address. 

What email server that your side is using btw?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.