Disable page on click
Application Type
Traditional Web

I am new at Outsystems and I am trying to create the following behaviour on a web page.

When I click on a button I need to disable the entire screen, after the action is finished I need to enable the screen.

Is there a way I can do it on Oustystems? 

Hi Marco,

You can try this component from the forge.

Regards,

Rúben

Hi,

You can do it but you need to add condition over all the input fields that you want diabale. Like create a Boolean variable called Is clicked set it's default value to false and in input field's enable property set " not Isclicked" . In your action at the beginning set Isclicked=true and refresh the input fields and at the end of the action set Isclicked=false and again refresh the input fields. 

Regards,

Komal

Hi Marco, 

My favorite is by creating a container with an 'overlay' class that looks like this

.overlay {
    position:fixed;
    top:0;
    bottom:0;
    left:0;
    right:0;
    background-color:red;
    z-index:1;
}

You can show and hide this by putting the container in a div.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Champion

Hi Marco, 

In my case, i use a popup widget. You can have edit button at the parent screen. When user click on edit, a popup overlay screen is displayed. 

After action finished, you can have a close button at the popup. When user click the button, it triggers popup close and message notify to the parent screen. In the parent screen notify action, you can trigger ajax refresh data and screen.

Hope it helps.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.