How to Determine Deployment Controller server through data model
Question

How can I determine which server is running the deployment controller service by looking at the OSYS data model?  I see the table {Server}, but it doesn't identify what services are running on each.

Thanks

For anyone interested, here's the query:

SELECT {Server}.[Name]

FROM {Server}

INNER JOIN {Activation} ON {Activation}.[Text] = {Server}.[Host_Serial]

WHERE {Activation}.[Info] = 'Serial'

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Steve, 

Nice you were able to figure it out.

I am more interested in why you want to  determine which server is running the deployment controller service, through code.

Regards,

Daniel

Creating a small diagnostic page to better monitor the health of the system as a whole.

Champion

hi steve,

in my case, i will check on the server serial number property. The server serial number is attached to the controller server.

The front end server will point to the controller server serial number.

Hope it helps

I'm not sure what you mean.   Are you referring to the Server table?  I have 3 servers, 1 as a dedicated deployment controller and 2 as front end servers and all 3 servers are listed in the table Server with 3 different Host_Serial values.

I think I found what you're referring to, the Activiation table with Info value of "Serial". 

Thanks

For anyone interested, here's the query:

SELECT {Server}.[Name]

FROM {Server}

INNER JOIN {Activation} ON {Activation}.[Text] = {Server}.[Host_Serial]

WHERE {Activation}.[Info] = 'Serial'

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Steve, 

Nice you were able to figure it out.

I am more interested in why you want to  determine which server is running the deployment controller service, through code.

Regards,

Daniel

Creating a small diagnostic page to better monitor the health of the system as a whole.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.