Lifetime Error Compiling an Espace
Question

Hi Guys,

We are encountering an error during compilations of modules in Lifetime. See Below error log

Compilation Error.

referencesProxy\eSpace_AccountOrganization_proxy.cs(136,14): error CS0103: The name 'ssAccountOrganization' does not exist in the current context get { return ssAccountOrganization.DefaultValues.ReferenceEntity_Account_ReferenceEntityAttribute_ACCTID; }

The logs, pertains to the default value in an Entity Attribute (ACCTID) as highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below.

Removing the double quote in the default value resolved the issue. We never encounter the error when we publish it via service studio.

The questions are:

1. Does anyone here encountered the same issue in Lifetime compiling of modules?
2. Is it forbidden to input a default value of double quote in an Entity Atribute?
3. Do you know of the topic wherein this has been discussed or mentioned in Best Practices?

Hoping to hear from anyone here soon.

Thanks!
Froi

Hi Froilan,   

I encountered a similar issue before (can't remember the exact error) that was caused by a change in the Entity's name or Attribute's name.  

1. Does anyone here encounter the same issue in Lifetime compiling of modules?
    - Yes, but probably not exactly that error
  2. Is it forbidden to input a default value of double quote in an Entity Atribute?
    - I think it's not. However, you might want to consider not specifying a default at all if "" is the default  
  3. Do you know of the topic wherein this has been discussed or mentioned in Best Practices?
    - I'm not aware of any best practice around this. Hope the following help though
    https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/Integration_Studio/Element_Properties_Reference/Entity_Properties
    https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Database_Reference/Default_Values_on_Database

-cezarF

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.