[Html2PdfConverter] VISJSTimeline is not exported to pdf using HtmlToPdfConverter
Forge component by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
Application Type
Traditional Web
Platform Version
11.10.1 (Build 23852)

Hello all,

I'm using GeneratePDF (HTMLToPDFConverter) to export a page that has a timeline [VISJSTimeline], and when I click to export, everything on the page appears inside the PDF, except this timeline.

I'm passing all correct input to feed the timeline webblock, and even in a small experience with kendo js, the timeline is visible inside pdf. But with GeneratePDF it's not possible.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thank you for your help

I've tried to convert the example available by VISJSTimeline https://onyx.outsystemscloud.com/VISJSTimelineSample/ to create a PDF with HtmlToPdfConverter tool and the result is this. Any clue?

TimelineToPDF.PNG

Hello @Marco Gaspar,

It seems like the PDF is being created before the data has been rendered on the screen. Will try and recreate it myself. Interesting.

Regards

AJ

Hello =AJ=,

I thought about that also, and tried the arg "--javascript-delay" with a lot of time, but still with no success.
Thank you

Hey @Marco Gaspar,

Long story short, I have concluded that wkhtml2pdf (version 0.12.6) and VISJSTimeline (which is based on the deprecated version 3.11.0 of vis.js) do not integrate well. wkhtml2pdf fails on the line of code in VISJSTimeline shown below and returns a "TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function" error.

That said, I found the Forge component Ultimate PDF (version 3.0.3) handled the same page like a champ! (in case you have not already tried it). Hope this solves it for you.

Best Regards,

AJ

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.