Scheduler Service: Error creating scheduled jobs list

Hi everyone,

I am entering a lot of data in the database. For that I'm using the ACTIONS of entities like (CreateCLIENT).
Initially it gives this error: Request timed out, Thread Was Being aborted. To bypass it, I used a timer.

But now gives, give me the following: Scheduler Service: Error creating scheduled jobs list.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.HandleDBException(DbException e)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean transformParameters, Boolean skipLog)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteStoredProcedure(IDbCommand cmd, DBKind dbKind, String readerVarName, Boolean skipLog)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBRuntimePlatform.DequeueEvent(IDbTransaction trans, Int32 batch, String ip, Int32 activityId)
at #2Xc.#9Xc.#UYc(IDbTransaction trans, Int32 batch, String myIp)
at #2Xc.#hYc.#kZc()
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 3760 ('Scheduler', Started='19-01-2011 11:38:50', Priv=64Mb, Virt=577Mb)
TID: 28
.NET: 2.0.50727.4952

This error occurs about 1 in 1 minute.

2011-01-19 12:25:24
2011-01-19 12:24:03

Anyone can help?
Thanks in Advanced

Plácido Miranda

Hi Placido,

If you are executing a huge number of CreateCLIENT operations, that might lead to low perfonrmance in the database due to the fact that your trasaction log growing.

To avoid this, I propose you  Commit you trasctions  after inserting a bulk of CLIENTs in the database (for example, 20). To do this you can simply use the OutSystems Mod and CommitTransaction built-in function (like you can see in the image below). See also the attached eSpace with the example.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
Hi Daniel,

first of all thank you for all the help.

I added to my application the CommitTransaction, and solve another problem i had (TimeOut). 
But the ErroMessage:  Scheduler Service: Error creating scheduled jobs list, continues to appear in ErrorLog.

Another thing I noticed,
the error still appears even after the timer has finished...
Plácido Miranda

King Regards,
Plácido Miranda
Hi Placido,

The error you refer can be originated when the Scheduler service is fetching the job list form the database, and since you refer that your Database is having high load this could be the cause of this.

However I would like to ask for some context information on this issue:
  • Are you using a Community Edition?
  • What is your Platform Server (Service Center) Revision?
  • Do you have your SQL Server and front End server in the same machine?
  • Do you regular run Maintenance plans on your SQL Server?
With best regards,
Renato Gonçalves