workflow builder roles are added automatically to the users
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hello all,

I am exploring workflow builder capabilities and I noticed a weird thing, the roles created in the workflow builder are added automatically to some AD users after the publish. without adding them to a group or doing anything manually. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kawthar,

You mention that roles are automatically added to Active Directory Users.

Does the environment have Active Directory integration installed through the Users application?

Does your environment has any component that maybe synchronizes AD with OutSystems Users, and does an automatic apply of roles?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi @Daniël Kuhlmann 

Thank you for your response. Yes, my Users application is configured to use LDAP authentication. and I noticed now that the email of the two users that are getting all the roles are the emails of the account's administrators on the workflow builder, so, this might be the reason?

Hi Kawthar,

I believe you will get the answer for your query in below link.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Workflow_Builder/Workflow_Builder_FAQs

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Sachin, can you tell us where in the FAQ is the answer? 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kawtar,

Maybe one of these two timers  Users module are active in your environment?

The GrantAllRolesToAdmin normally only runs on Publish, but if systems components are republished this would run too then.

The SynchronizeDomainUsers timer I don't know much about, but it might be that it contains some logic to mapp roles to users?

It is deactivated dear. maybe the workflow builder admins are having automatically all the roles created in any app created by workflow builder. 

Hi Daniël,

This is given into the FAQ -

"The first user registering in the Workflow Builder gets administrator access. This user can grant access to additional users after their first login to the Workflow Builder."

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.