Server Action / Client Action time out

Hello everyone,

I've created an extension in C# to get the binary data of a file in an FTP server, the extension works with small files but when I try to get the data of a bigger .zip file the operation fails with a time out error about 10 seconds after the operation starts.

I've tested the code before importing it to Outsystems and file size isn't a problem.

I've tried the following solutions to no avail:

Change the short operations and Long operations timeouts in the preferences menu

Change the Server Request Timeout, in service studio under the application operation tab

Does anyone have a suggestion of what may be the problem?

Thank for your time
João Pires

Preferences.PNG

Solution

Hi Goncalo Almeida,
Thank you for your answer.

After reviewing the c# code of the extension I found a bug that was the cause of the timeout.

Regards
João Pires

I've worked previously with large files from FTP using this component, always worked fine:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/32/sftp

Hi José Gonçalves,

I already tried multiple components including that one but they can't connect to the FTP server.
The sftp component throws the following error:
"Socket read operation has timed out after 30000 milliseconds "

Best Regards
João Pires

Hi @João Pires 

Reactive as a limitation regarding files, I think it's 250MB.

Not sure if is the same use case, but I faced the problem in a project with zip files also and we have to split in smaller files.

Try the test with 2 files... one bigger than 250MB and another less than 250MB and check if both give a timeout.

Reegards

Gonçalo Almeida

Solution

Hi Goncalo Almeida,

After reviewing the c# code of the extension I found a bug that was the cause of the timeout.

Regards
João Pires

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.