How to transfer the page variable from one page to other in OutSystem reactive web UI
Question

How to transfer login details and user information after successful login from login page to other pages

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for your helps and suggestions. 

I have added the required variables in Data  > Client Variable section and populated them after successful login.

Thanks,

Avijit

Hi Avijit,

Good afternoon!

Client variables values can be accessed in the browser, so I do hope you have already considered some security concerns with regards to saving the user info to such.

Kind regards,

Chris

You don't need to transfer, you can consult using the following call:

ID: GetUserId()

User name: GetUser(GetUserId()).User.Name

I need to pass few more information like user type , user category etc.

In that case you can save those details on client variables after the login action.

I @AVIJIT SARKAR 

Can you explain with more detail your use case?

You can use client variables as @José Gonçalves suggested or you can use a weblock with that info and use that weblock in the screens.

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for your helps and suggestions. 

I have added the required variables in Data  > Client Variable section and populated them after successful login.

Thanks,

Avijit

Hi Avijit,

Good afternoon!

Client variables values can be accessed in the browser, so I do hope you have already considered some security concerns with regards to saving the user info to such.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi,
Despite all approaches mentioned.

I would recommend avoiding passing any input variable to another screen for the current logged_in User.
You should retrieve the UserInformation from the Aggregate on Preparation using the GetUserId().

Considering you must be maintaining an entity for the UderDetail Information.

Could you please cite an example.  

mvp_badge
MVP

I agree wit assif_tjger, it should be handled using an input parameter on the screen, not using client variables,.and a user extended entity for the custom.user attributes.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/How-to_Guides/Logic/How_to_add_extra_logic_to_Users'_login

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.