How to bind value to cascading combobox while edtiting form?
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.17 (Build 40598)

How to bind value to cascading combobox while edtiting form?

while creating user cascading combobox linked with local variable then while editing user how to link combobox variable to record user

Solution

Hi Priya,

Please find attached the sample OML for your ready reference. Kindly review this and let me know, if you need anything else. Also, I have attached Countries and State excel which I have bootstrapped for demo.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

DropDownFill.oml

Please see attached Countries.xlsx file...

Countries.xlsx

State.xlsx

Solution

Hello @Priya Rani,

By cascading combo box, are you referring to a situation where you have multiple combo boxes with dependencies? For e.g. Country -> State -> City, and  choosing the Country then populates State and choosing State populates City?

If, however, you are simply adding a combo box to an existing form and want to bind the combo box local variable to the user record then I hope the following example helps. 

I have an Employee form, with a Department combo box. The variable would be bound to the record as highlighted below: (EmployeeForm.Record.Employee.DepartmentId)

Hope this helps, if not, please do provide a few more details specific to your scenario by sharing an oml or an example scenario.

Regards

AJ

Solution

Hi Priya,

Please find attached the sample OML for your ready reference. Kindly review this and let me know, if you need anything else. Also, I have attached Countries and State excel which I have bootstrapped for demo.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

DropDownFill.oml

Please see attached Countries.xlsx file...

Countries.xlsx

State.xlsx

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.