Validation message
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi ,

I have an issue to be solved ...

I have dropdown , input text , input text  ... where in I need to give a validation message let say 

(dropdown value or text value1) and text value2   

If I give text value2 it should display warning message saying that either dropdown or text value should be mandatory ... how can  achieve please help...

only the validation message the functionality is working fine ...

Thanks 

Solution

Hello @Nandini T S

Please review the attached oml for one way to implement such a validation. The validation logic is in the 'CustomerDetail' -> 'Save' action.

Basically the 'Input 2' is set as Mandatory and the built in validation takes care of it. Neither 'Intput 1' nor the dropdown/combo value will be set as Mandatory and instead they are validated in the Save action.

Hope this helps!

AJ

DemoValidationMessage.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Nandini,

You can see how to do in this video example:

https://youtu.be/VU3G6ZBeuMI

Hope it's help.

Regards.

Screenshot20210404095117683com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Hi Thanks for the response ...,

If I set that as mandatory its not working... 

Solution

Hello @Nandini T S

Please review the attached oml for one way to implement such a validation. The validation logic is in the 'CustomerDetail' -> 'Save' action.

Basically the 'Input 2' is set as Mandatory and the built in validation takes care of it. Neither 'Intput 1' nor the dropdown/combo value will be set as Mandatory and instead they are validated in the Save action.

Hope this helps!

AJ

DemoValidationMessage.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.