Displaying Error Executing Query after installing DataGrid Reactive
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.8.6 (Build 28199)

Hello,

After downloading DataGrid Reactive & DataGrid Reactive Sample, I have installed both on the environment.
The version is 2.1.1.

When I run the sample, the following error is displaying on the screen.

When I checked the error log from service center the following error message is displayed.

Error executing query. Error in advanced query GetItems in GetItems in MenuItem_DataGrid in MainFlow in DataGridSampleReactive (SELECT TOP 100 {Item}.*  FROM {Item}  WHERE      (          {Item}.[TopicId] = @TopicId              or          (              (                  @TopicId = @CheckboxCol_Id                   or                  @TopicId = @CurrencyCol_Id                   or                  @TopicId = @DateCol_Id                   or                  @TopicId = @DateTimeCol_Id                  or                  @TopicId = @DropdownCol_Id                   or                  @TopicId = @NumberCol_Id                   or                  @TopicId = @TextCol_Id                  or                  @TopicId = @ActionCol_Id               ) and (                  {Item}.[TopicId] = @Columns_Id               )          )      )      and      {Item}.[CategoriaId] = @CategoryId       and      {Item}.[Is_Active] = 1   ORDER BY {Item}.[Order]): ORA-00923: FROM??????????????????

[1] Error executing query.
?? ssDataGridSampleReactive.ScreenServices.DataGridSampleReactive_MainFlow_MenuItem_DataGrid_ScreenModel.FuncDataActionGetItems.QueryGetItems(HeContext heContext, Int32 maxRecords, IterationMultiplicity multiplicity, Int64& outParamCount, Int32 qpinTopicId, Int32 qpinCategoryId, Int32 qpinCheckboxCol_Id, Int32 qpinCurrencyCol_Id, Int32 qpinDateCol_Id, Int32 qpinDateTimeCol_Id, Int32 qpinDropdownCol_Id, Int32 qpinNumberCol_Id, Int32 qpinTextCol_Id, Int32 qpinColumns_Id, Int32 qpinActionCol_Id)
?? ssDataGridSampleReactive.ScreenServices.DataGridSampleReactive_MainFlow_MenuItem_DataGrid_ScreenModel.DataActionGetItems(HeContext heContext, RLItemList& outParamItemsList)
?? ssDataGridSampleReactive.ScreenServices.DataGridSampleReactive_MainFlow_MenuItem_DataGrid_Controller.<DataActionGetItems>b__1(HeContext heContext, String screenName, JObject screenModel, JObject inputParameters, JObject clientVariables)
?? OutSystems.RESTService.Controllers.ScreenServicesApiController.endpoint(String input, String endpointName, String apiVersion, EndpointImplementationDelegate implementation)

[2] Error in advanced query GetItems in GetItems in MenuItem_DataGrid in MainFlow in DataGridSampleReactive (SELECT TOP 100 {Item}.* FROM {Item} WHERE ( {Item}.[TopicId] = @TopicId or ( ( @TopicId = @CheckboxCol_Id or @TopicId = @CurrencyCol_Id or @TopicId = @DateCol_Id or @TopicId = @DateTimeCol_Id or @TopicId = @DropdownCol_Id or @TopicId = @NumberCol_Id or @TopicId = @TextCol_Id or @TopicId = @ActionCol_Id ) and ( {Item}.[TopicId] = @Columns_Id ) ) ) and {Item}.[CategoriaId] = @CategoryId and {Item}.[Is_Active] = 1 ORDER BY {Item}.[Order]): ORA-00923: FROM??????????????????

Is there something I have been missing?

What is the possible cause of this problem?

Would greatly appreciate if some one knows the solution and help me.

Thank you.

Hi Alam, 

Make sure you have all dependencies properly install in your environment. As I can see here is three dependencies. 

after this , Increase timeout ,  Edit->Preferences->timeout operation -> Apply.

I also checked Data Grid. But I could not face any problem. 

Thank you

Thank you. But even after changing this the error does not go away.

As Dorine mentioned, may be it is related to Oracle.

Are you using personal environment?

Yes , I am using personal environment. Dorine is right it's related to Oracle.

ORA-00923 occurs when you try to execute a SELECT or REVOKE statement without a FROM keyword in its correct form and place. If you are seeing this error, the keyword FROM is spelled incorrectly, misplaced, or altogether missing.

So, you can change your SQL advance query of GetItems SQL node according to the ORACLE query syntax. 

Thank you.

Thank you Rahul.
I have changed the SQL advance query of GetItems SQL node according to the ORACLE query syntax and the problem is now not occurring.
Thanks a lot.

Hi Alam,

i see you are using an oracle database, I don't think "SELECT TOP" works for oracle, so i think the demo application, or some parts of it, will only work for a SQL SERVER setup.

On the Forge page for this demo app, they are advertising it is for all databases, however, so maybe check with the makers if they feel like fixing it for oracle.

As far as I can tell, personal environments run on sql server, so you can install and try out the demo there.

Good luck,

Dorine

Thank you for your reply.  

Yes, Oracle Database is being used in the environment I am facing the problem.

On my personal environment it is working as expected. 

However in my company environments it shows the error.

yes,

and as it is now developed, it never will, nothing wrong with your environment, the sql used is just not compatible with oracle.  

But that shouldn't stop you from using the grid component in your company environment, it's only the demo app that doesn't work, so just write better queries for your own data ;-)

Thank you Dorine for your help.
I have changed the SQL advance query of GetItems SQL node according to the ORACLE query syntax and the problem is now not occurring.
Thanks a lot.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.