Which app type do I choose?
Question

Hi

When creating my first app it askes me to start from scratch or start from an app?

Which one should I choose and why?

Thanks,

Brad

mvp_badge
MVP

Welcome to OutSystems, Bradley.

Take a look in Getting Started.

Your first app

To create your first app in Service Studio you can: 

• Run a built-in interactive tutorial. In Service Studio, open the Help menu and select Build an App in 5 minutes tutorial to start and interactive tutorial. 
  • Follow step-by-steps tutorials. Check out the tutorials about how to create a mobile app or how to create a web app.
  • Start from an existing sample app. Create a new app in Service Studio and choose Start from an app to see the collection of the prebuilt apps.

Creating a new app in OutSystems

Hi Bradly, 

Before posting question in forum please search such questions in forum, this is repetitive question in last few days,

Check this post,

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/69643/creating-a-new-app/

Regards,

Komal

I was instructed to post this question by outsystems themselves on a research survey by UserTesting

since a couple of days, newly created users ask exactly the same question on this forum.

I was wondering if this was part of some fishing scam, but couldn't quite get how one would benefit ;-)

Can one of the MVP's maybe check with Outsystems what they are surveying or testing here ??  I like to help real people with real questions, this kind of stuff kind of makes me feel like staying away from the forum for a while.

Dorine

I was instructed to post this question by outsystems themselves on a research survey by UserTesting

Yes,

I understood that much from your reply to Komal.  Of course, you just did what you were asked, I get that.

The point here is, that I like to spend some time outside my day job on the forum contributing and learning, and don't have much appetite for fielding fake questions.  

Dorine

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.