Can create Mobile application without Database Entities only Local Storage?
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Hello Everyone,

Can create Mobile application without Database Entities only Local Storage? If can create, what disadvantages are possible. May I know any information.

Thanks and Regards,

Zwe Mann Oo

Champion

Hi

The answer is yes. You can create an app without a Database.

But it's will be many limitations, The first thing that comes to mind is the loss of centralized data management and the inability to synchronize data across multiple devices.

Kind regards,

Hi Tom Zhao,

Thanks you very much for quick reply. Your information is very important and useful for my applicaiton.

Thanks and Regards,

Zwe Mann Oo

Hi Tom Zhao,

Firstly I want to apologize for changing status [Solved] to [Unsolved].
Thank you for your reply and sharing knownledge.

Previously in your reply, Let me confirm about [be many limitations].
If you can share any other limitations, please let me know.

Currently we are developing mobile applications with external database. I think we should to synchronize data between Local Storage and Outsystems Entities.And then update the external database.

But the customer want to update directly external database by using REST API without Outsystems Entities and synchronize data. I explained with your reply. But the customer want more other limitations. So if you can share any other limitations, please let me know.

By the way, when implementation with Local Storage, what I need to care for prevent the risk? As example we already know that local storage can not be rolled back.

This is the reference link that local storage can not be rolled back.
https://qiita.com/jyunji_watanabe/items/8442d6c2596398b5c487 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.