Reactive validation in webblock
Question

I have some fields inside a web block which have custom validation messages displayed for onblur and onchange events.

My problem is that I'm getting the standard Outsystems validation message ("Required value!") displayed sometimes when a button outside the block is being clicked.

What event if any should I be handling to override this? The input fields don't have a ValidationEvent available.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi @Mike de Mello 

Try this: Select the button from the screen and then set built-in validation as No

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Thanks, that solved the problem!

Hi, 

For this please check the attribute's mandatory property whether it true or false and If possible share screen shot or OML to look into it,

Regards,

Komal

The fields are mandatory - here's one of them

And this is the message

I want to be able to add a handler to whatever event is triggering this validation - it doesn't seem to be onchange or onblur. The field is inside a webblock and is never focused.

Thanks

Mike

Hi @Mike de Mello 

Try this: Select the button from the screen and then set built-in validation as No

Regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Thanks, that solved the problem!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.