How to validate 3rd or 4th Record of entity with another value?
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi Community Members,

I have entity A which data get captured from Main FORM and I have validation screen where user can validate data captured from Main FORM. Also user has provision to add records at validation screen, but the data can not created in entity A but in Entity B and in next level data get created in Entity A.

My problem is, Entity A do not have data and here in validation screen I can capture 4 records and I need to validate it with null value from Entity A.

I have used for each on entity A  for validation but if the entity A has null value then how do I validate?

And if Entity A has 2 records and in validation screen I have captured 3rd record then for each won't go to the 3rd record in this case how to validate ? 

Please help me to get it done,

Many thanks in advance

Hi Kaustubh,

Your solution works for me,

Along with that solution, I used screen action instead of sever action and data of aggregate is stored in list and used that list for both validation and for navigation instead of for each and i am applying same logic for delete functionality as well,

Many Thanks for your solution and idea!! :) 

Kind Regards,

Komal

Hi Komal,

You can create one record list variable which will have all records you want to validate (initial records on screen + records which are added newly on the screen by user). In the validation screen, your loop should run on this record list variable and not on the aggregate/entity.

Thanks,

Kaustubh

Thank you Kaustubh for your prompt response, I will try to implement this and get back to you,

Thanks and regards

Komal

Hi Kaustubh,

Your solution works for me,

Along with that solution, I used screen action instead of sever action and data of aggregate is stored in list and used that list for both validation and for navigation instead of for each and i am applying same logic for delete functionality as well,

Many Thanks for your solution and idea!! :) 

Kind Regards,

Komal

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.