[Firebase Mobile] Impact of iOS 14.5 release and ATT consent
Forge component by David Sousa
Application Type
Mobile

Hi,

I'm using latest version of Firebase Mobile plugin... and we know that iOS 14.5 going to be released soon... 

I would like to know what will be the impact in Firebase Mobile plugin for iOS 14.5... I'm not a professional native app developer... It will be helpful if you clarify the following questions for me.

I got some information here: https://firebase.google.com/docs/ios/supporting-ios-14 and iOS 14.5 change may impact 

Dynamic Links - No impact for link-opening functionality. When used with Google Analytics, attribution for link conversion events is unavailable. 

Cloud Messaging - When used with Google Analytics, Google Analytics will automatically log some FCM-related conversion events. Attribution for these events requires IDFA access.

Remote Config - When used with Google Analytics, Remote Config does not allow automatically-created user properties for targeting without IDFA access

And it will impact

Google Analytics - Analytics event logging, event reporting, and conversion measurement are unaffected, but attribution is impacted if IDFA is not accessible.

Based on the above, 

- Is this plugin compatible with iOS 14.5 or is there a new version of this plugin with 14.5 support going to be released?

- Are we using AdMob or Ad Support in this plugin?

- Are we accessing iOS IDFA anywhere in this plugin?

- Do we need ATT consent popup to use this plugin (as we are using analytics)? 

- What data will be ignored if we don't use ATT consent popup or user optout ATT consent

Really appreciate if you provide the information as soon as possible... 

Thanks

Karthik 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.