how to map the directory to Website?

how to map the directory to Website?

i created the sample application.when i deploy the application it update the folder
C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\SampeApplication.19534568
and also in
C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\test\SampleApplication\admin

1.May i know the purpose of updating in two different folder?
2.when ever the deployment process the folder name will changed which was in  C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\
so If i want to map the folder for the website(created new Website) i want to refer the folder only
C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\test\SampleApplication\admin
In this case while access the Website the Image are not retrived on the site.

May i know the procedure of creating the website and mapping the working folder?
Hi Devaraj,

The purpose of creating two folders is that when you have several developers working on the same application - let's suppose "Admin" and "Devaraj" - the version of the application each one is working on is deployed to a subfolder named test\<application name>\<username>

As such, you both can work on the same application without being constantly overwriting each other's work. Furthermore, you can debug your applications separately, without bothering the other developers in the same application.

When you only "Run" your eSpace, instead of Publishing with the 1-Click Publish, the eSpace will only be deployed to the test folder.

When you Publish the application using the 1-Click Publish, it means that you are committing a new version of the application to Service Center's version control, and also that that version is meant to be the one that is available for others to use.

As such, it will be published both in the test folder as well as in the running folder.

I hope this makes it clearer regarding the publishing folders.

However, I do not know of a way to map these folders manually.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Devaraj,

If you create a website pointing to your eSpace (application) running folder, the Agile Platform publishing procedure will update the virtual directory link to the newly created folder and this way your website will also be updated.

However you can use the Agile Platform 5.1 SEO (http://www.outsystems.com/goto/install-seo) feature to create rules to redirect specific URLs to your Applications, this way you can probably eliminate the need of creating a web site to point to your application.

With best regards,
Renato Gonçalves
Hi,

What is the best way to redirect a page for example https://www.examplepage.pt to https://www.examplepage.pt/OurOutSystems_eSpace?

I have done a SEO URL (Site Rule) with this parameters:

Base URL: www.examplepage.pt
Locale: <nothing>
Root Application: /OutOutSystems_eSpace

But when I do https://www.examplepage.pt it goes to the IIS entry page.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Best Reggards,
NM
Nuno - At that level of the site, it is IIS, not Agile Platform doing the work. Use IIS' URL Rewrite module instead.

I wrote an article about it ages ago:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/webmaster/url-rewriting-with-iiss-url-rewrite-module/710

J.Ja
Hi,

Actually the SEO works at the website level like Nuno was trying to do.
It works alot better than the url rewites on these cases.

Make sure you have the OSISAPI filter correclty configured in your website as the Technote explains.
(You can check on the Event Viewer if it is loading correctly)

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Nuno,

I think the problem can be the default Web Site is not running under the OS app pool. This can be the reason why the OS isapi filter is not firing in ...

I've made some tests on another instalation and it seems to work as expected.

Joao Pinto
Joao Pinto wrote:
Hi Nuno,

I think the problem can be the default Web Site is not running under the OS app pool. This can be the reason why the OS isapi filter is not firing in ...

This is correct. Key takeaway: The Web Site's root needs to be in the same App Pool as the OutSystems apps for SEO to work properly.

This is due to a limitation where ISAPI filters run in the IIS pipeline: when IIS gets a URL that it cannot map directly to somewhere in the filesystem (e.g. the URL is the root, or the URL has an application "pretty name") it places the request it in the root app pool and only then runs the ISAPI SEO filter. Unfortunately, after that you can no longer "jump" App Pools to wherever the request would need to be.

Miguel
Hi,

Would this mean that when I have 2 website (OS) running (default and another) on one server and have 2 different application pools the seo wouldn't be possible to be applied? Meaning that all application needs to be in the default app pool?

Kind regards,
Evert
Evert van der zalm wrote:
Would this mean that when I have 2 website (OS) running (default and another) on one server and have 2 different application pools the seo wouldn't be possible to be applied? Meaning that all application needs to be in the default app pool?

If each website is configured to answer to a different hostname in IIS (say evert.coolprofs.nl and miguel.coolprofs.nl) you should be able to have SEO on both because IIS will have already sent the request to the appropriate website (redirect rules are ok too).

EDIT: This previous statement assumes you have loaded the ISAPI filter individually inside each Web Site, rather than on the IIS root.

But if inside one website you have apps in two pools, the apps on the pool that does not include the root should have _no_ SEO rules.

Miguel
Hi Miquel,

So when you want to have SEO url's inside your application then you can't optimize the application by splitting it in different application pools and assign different cpu/memory to each application. That said even not make it possible to split it in different application pools so when one application is, for example: 'to busy', and the application pool crashes, the other application keeps running.

Another thing, would IIS redirects have any effect on the SEO urls set in service center? Which one would be leading since it's kind of the same 'thing'.

Kind regards,
Evert

So when you want to have SEO url's inside your application then you can't optimize the application by splitting it in different application pools and assign different cpu/memory to each application. That said even not make it possible to split it in different application pools so when one application is, for example: 'to busy', and the application pool crashes, the other application keeps running.

That is correct. Sadly, you won't be able to benefit from the added resilience (memory balancing, crash resistance) of spreading apps through multiple App pools in a Web Site if you want to have SEO in all of them.

Just to reiterate, this is due to an IIS limitation of not allowing app-pool jumps after the ISAPI stage in the pipeline, not because we coded it wrong at OutSystems.

Another thing, would IIS redirects have any effect on the SEO urls set in service center? Which one would be leading since it's kind of the same 'thing'.

I'm almost 100% sure that IIS-configured redirects happen before the request reaches the ISAPI filter, so the filter should only "get" the final request. As for the service center configured redirects, they do reach the ISAPI filter and the filter (not IIS) queues in a 301 and ends the request.

Miguel