[Multiple Selection Dropdown Widget (Reactive And Mobile)] Using 2 Multiple selection widgets on the same screen doesn't work
Application Type
Reactive

We have a problem when we try to use 2 widgets on the same screen.

When we open the first select widget and select a list item, the second select widget opens.
(this also happens without selecting a list item when you click away from the first select widget)

Any idea how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Hi Bram and Nuno,

v 1.2.6 is now live!

Updates

• Added better support for multiple widgets on the same page

New Features

• Added option: display the number of items selected in dropdown bar (eg. "4/5 Selected")
  • Added option: after n items are selected, switch display in dropdown bar from listing all selected items, to displaying a count of selected items (where n is defined by the developer)
  • Added option: display text (ie. prompts) in the dropdown bar when no other display option is chosen
    (prior to this feature, you could only choose to display the list of selected items, or nothing).

Added Contributions to Project Details section on Forge

"Many thanks to @Bram Verlinden, @Nuno Rodrigues for testing and feedback, and @Soren Staun for providing feedback and suggesting the count of selected items feature!"

I welcome suggestions for improvement!

If you find the widget useful, please consider reviewing or rating it.

Thanks and have a good day all,

Chris. :)

Hi Bram,

You have very good timing :)

I have just finished a minor version upgrade that allows multiple widgets on the same page (as well as some new backward compatible features).

I have just finished testing it but still need to update the documentation and demo.

I will do these tomorrow morning and then release a new version to the Forge.

If all goes well, I expect to have it loaded to the Forge by around 15 hours from now (0600 GMT).

Hope that helps! :)

Best Regards,

Chris.

I also make a little example, and the behaviour is the same. 

https://personal-xchr.outsystemscloud.com/CrowdFunding/Homepage?_ts=637539248776388172

Is nice that @Chris Stacey will take care on fixing this issue.

Solution

Hi Bram and Nuno,

v 1.2.6 is now live!

Updates

• Added better support for multiple widgets on the same page

New Features

• Added option: display the number of items selected in dropdown bar (eg. "4/5 Selected")
  • Added option: after n items are selected, switch display in dropdown bar from listing all selected items, to displaying a count of selected items (where n is defined by the developer)
  • Added option: display text (ie. prompts) in the dropdown bar when no other display option is chosen
    (prior to this feature, you could only choose to display the list of selected items, or nothing).

Added Contributions to Project Details section on Forge

"Many thanks to @Bram Verlinden, @Nuno Rodrigues for testing and feedback, and @Soren Staun for providing feedback and suggesting the count of selected items feature!"

I welcome suggestions for improvement!

If you find the widget useful, please consider reviewing or rating it.

Thanks and have a good day all,

Chris. :)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.