System.InvalidOperationException: Message Queuing has not been installed

System.InvalidOperationException: Message Queuing has not been installed

I am new to the platform... In my event long there are many messages as below. Would anyone suggest what is wrong and how to fix this?

In the same time, I experience strange issues which may be connected somehow.. when in service studio I publish changed application, the publish operation stops by time out. When I try immeditely again, the process completes normally. So, after change of application, the publish operation usually succeeds only after second attempt..

Log Name:      Application
Source:        OutSystems Platform
Date:          28/01/2011 10:17:04
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      x60tw7
Description:
Error sending log: System.InvalidOperationException: Message Queuing has not been installed on this computer.
   at System.Messaging.Interop.SafeNativeMethods.MQPathNameToFormatName(String pathName, StringBuilder formatName, Int32& count)
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.ResolveFormatNameFromQueuePath(String queuePath, Boolean throwException)
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.get_FormatName()
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SendInternal(Object obj, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType)
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label, MessageQueueTransaction transaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType)
   at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.Send(Object obj, String label)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.LoggerAsynchronous.GetMessageQueue(LogType logType)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.LoggerAsynchronous.Log(Object log, LogType logType, MessagePriority priority)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.LoggerAsynchronous.Log(WebServiceLog log)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.RuntimeLogger.Log(WebServiceLog log)

Hi Alex, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

It would seem that that error is related to the Agile Platform trying to log something to the Message Queue, while it doesn't exist.

The Message Queue is not strictly necessary, especially in the community edition. Unless this error is stopping you from using the Platform, I wouldn't do much about it - probably understand why is it happening, but not too much.

One way to fix it, though, is to install the Microsoft Message Queue, as stated in this post.

Regarding the time out error when publishing, it can have many reasons.

What system are you running this in? What are its hardware specs? Does it obey our minimum requirements, as stated in our tech-note?

What is the Platform Version you're using? Is your computer under heavy load?Are there errors being logged in Windows' Event Viewer?

This also happens often when there are antivirus or firewalls that monitor your connections to the server - even if it is localhost. Do you happen to have one of these running? What if you disable them just to test out the publishing process? It might be a settings issue.

There might be many things, so it's hard to pinpoint a single solution.

Let us know if it works better after these suggestions.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hello Paulo,

thank for for the tips - I have installed MQ and the "Message Queuing has not been installed on this computer" message has gone.

The other annoying symptom - the time outs - still continue. 
I use version 5.1.1.7. 
My laptop's hardware is above the minimum requirements: Core Duo L250 1.83 GHz, 4GB, Solid State Drive, Windows 7 32 bit.
The CPU utilization approx 5% on average and less than 15% on peaks with Service Studio started.
When I initiate 1-Click Publish and it fails on "Uploading" step, the utilization is less than 50% on peaks.
When I initiate 1-Click Publish and it succeeds, the utilization goes to 100% on peaks, and  it takes approx 30 seconds to complete for an application with 5 entities and 3 screens

Is such performance normal?

Thanks, Alex.
Hi Alex,

I am not aware of such behavior being the normal one.

Have you tried the other suggestions, namely:

- Are there errors being logged in Windows' Event Viewer?
- What about antivirus or firewalls that monitor your connections to the server. Do you happen to have one of these running? What if you disable them just to test out the publishing process? It might be a settings issue.

Alternatively, I would suggest submitting the error to our support team, from Service Studio, when the timeout occurs.

Regards, let us know how it goes.

Paulo Tavares