There was an error processing your request (Error executing child request)
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello, I have a problem with the module and when I see the log this "Error executing child request for WebScreen1.aspx. " appear. and when I open the web in browser there's just 

Can I know what's going on and how to solve this? Thankyou

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jason,

Your first option should definitely be checking the Service Center logs.

Once you log in to Service Center, navigate to Monitoring - Errors, identify your error message in the list, click Detail and inspect the stack for more details to pinpoint where in the code is the error and why: 

Kind Regards,
João

In the details here is appear :
[1] Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride)

[2] 'LayoutTopMenu' Web Block is incompatible with the 'eApproveWeb' module definition. Please update it.
at proxy_eApproveWeb_TesEmail_eApproveWeb.Flows.FlowCommon.WBlkLayoutTopMenu.get_wtMainContent()
at sseApproveWeb_TesEmail.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnWebScreen1.FindControl(String id)
at sseApproveWeb_TesEmail.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnWebScreen1.InitializeComponent(HeContext heContext)
at sseApproveWeb_TesEmail.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnWebScreen1.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Sorry I don't really understand what it is and how to identify the error. Could you tell me?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jason,

You can see it below on yellow. Basically you need to refresh your dependencies on the ApproveWeb eSpace.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.