[Data Grid Web] Include Group Name in the columns selection menu
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi,

For illustrative purposes only, let's say I have something like this:

Is there a way to include the group name in the column selection menu so I can distinguish between the different columns with the same name? "Assignee/Name" for instance or something like that.

The only option I'm currently seeing is to rename the columns so that they include something that distinguishes them. But in that case, the group is not so useful anymore, because I would have to repeat the Group Name (or something that identifies it) also in the columns. And that means that the column width will grow. I know I can resize them, but they will be wider anyway, and I would like to have the column width as small as possible.

Thanks in advance,

André Dinis

Hello André Dinis,

Thanks for bringing this subject to the discussion.

At the moment, this functionality is not available. I have already passed your question to the team as a possible suggestion for different approaches in the future.

-------------------------------------------------------

Right now, I would suggest the following workaround (.oml attached to the reply)

Inside the .oml you will find a JS block containing a new code that will override the method GridOS.eventHandler.menuColumns.

Hope this answer is useful.

Best regards,

Tiago Pereira

DataGridColumnPickerGroups.oml

Hello Tiago,

Thanks for your answer and for passing the suggestion to the team.

The workaround works like a charm, thank you.

Best regards,

André Dinis

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.