Need Help for Dropdown menu

Need Help for Dropdown menu

I download the file Dropdown_menu from the site and i worked like as it is in Dropdown_menu .oml.But in the Menu_Theme Entity i added only 1 record called "Basic Simple Horizonal" in my Espace.And download the CSS ad JS file from net placed in the working folder.But still i didn't get the dropdown menu.So please send some sample of dropdown menu  and now i m using servicestudio5.1.1.7

thanks
Hi Devaraj,

As it says in the DropDown Menu component's description, it was designed as a proof of concept, to show how you can make a drop down menu. It was created with the LWIS.NET free menu samples, and it definitely only works with THOSE styles, as it is. It does not accept other CSSs and JavaScripts.

This eSpace shows a series of drop-down menus using the Agile Platform, and has a web-block that turns the default Style Guide menu into a drop-down menu, in runtime.

Notes:

- All themes from the source are included, but most will require CSS tweaking to work properly.
- The ones that are ENABLED by default should work.

Based on http://lwis.net/free-css-drop-down-menu/ , licensed under GNU

*** This is mostly provided as is. Please read the System Requirements.

The way to use it in your eSpace is described in the Description of the Menu WebBlock.

1 - Add a reference to the web block and entitiy in the DropDown menu sample;
2 - Drag it to the end of your eSpace's menu web block;
3 - Click in the referenced web block, and in the Properties double click its description to read it.

I hope this helps.

Also, that sample does NOT work in IE6, you should bear that in mind.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
I got another problem

In my application i used NotifyWidget.So when ever i changed the Value of the Combobox in header[common to all the screen] we get Combobox value and passed through Screen and screen will load based on that value.In this case when i add the dropdown menu webblock at the end of menu this process will not get working.The action to get the value from the Combobox [When it Changed]was not Firing[On Notify->Destination].

Thanks for Your Reply

Hi Devaraj,

Well, that might make some sense. Indeed, what the web block does is parsing the HTML of the menu web block, and replacing it with a different structure that displays the drop down menu.

Probably what you're doing uses some properties of the links in the menu that just aren't being kept - maybe the IDs. I tried to fix that issue in the attached eSpace. Publish it there, refresh the reference, and let us know if that works better.

As I mentioned previously, that component was created as a proof of concept, and it was just meant to showcase a simple drop-down menu for OutSystems applications - it is NOT meant for production environments.

It is also open source, so in case this change doesn't fix the problem you're having, I recommend you edit it and change it to suit your needs - it's just JavaScript in there, after all.

Let us know if it works, so I can update the component.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
On second thought, is your combo box in the menu, or in the header web block?

This drop-down menu web block should only affect the things inside the Menu - not the header web block. If you're placing it in the menu web block, try moving it to the header.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Yes the Combobox webblock is in the Header webblock .You mean i have to move the combobox webblock from header to Menu webblock?

thanks ,

Hi Devaraj,

No, if you already have it in the Header web block, that shouldn't be related.

Did the eSpace I attached work for you? If not, I suggest changing it for your needs.

Regards, and let us know.

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

When i rename the eSpace name (by opening .oml file from service studio), the menu is not showing up as dropdown. Is there any references is missing? or it cannot be renamed?

Regards,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Well, that's one of the dirty problems with this eSpace :)

If you want to rename it, do make sure that you find and replace all occurrences of the eSpace Name by the new one.

I know that at least in order to access the Stylesheets, it uses the '/DropDown_Menu' path. At least those need to be changed, and I would hope that it would work after that.

Let me know if you still can't get it to work on your own - and also feel free to change it and find a better way of doing it :)

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Thanks Paulo. It worked.

I also tried to add another menu item on the entities. After compile and publish, I see the new row on sql table, but not able to see it on web page. can you pls let me know?

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam,

Did you check the instructions for the menu? After it creates a new menu item, you will have to go there and tweak the IFs again so that the new menu is also always displayed.

Look into the instructions, in the Menu Web Block's description. That's most likely the case :)

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Please give me a pointer on why my dropdown isnt working.

Thanks

Julius
Hi Julius,

I sincerely don't know. I looked at your eSpace, and at first sight, there didn't seem to be much wrong.

However, I am unable to publish it, because of the tons of references it has and that I don't have in my server, or that I have different versions of.

That being said, the menu is basic HTML, CSS and Javascript.

What exactly are you experiencing? Could you send us a screenshot, so that we can try to give you a pointer?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares