How can I retrieve a deleted screen?

I have exported an .oml file before I decided to delete an old screen so at least I can still recover my screen actions which contains some logic and stuff. However, whenever I opened the .oml file, the deleted screen was not available on the current context.

Are there any possible ways to recover a deleted screen?

Hello @Marco, follow these steps please! :)

Go to your module and open other version

Select the version or versions that you had the screen before, and you will have it again!!

Kind regards,

Márcio C.

I think this is the quickest way to open old versions. Thanks, Márcio!

The reason why I didn't tried this simply because I keep myself in practice to export an .oml file to have a quick back-up (so I won't look one-by-one on previous versions the version I wanted) that I seldom-ly open--- just when I needed. Just kinda weird when my back-up .oml file doesn't work.

Yeah, I know, but I already had a version of the OutSystems where you could give a message to the publish and see where and when you did that change. And it's really nice to open older versions and see other solutions and things you want to get back! :) The commit message was a huge deal to us, but i don't know if they are going to make it official, lets see :)

Keep up the good work, thank you!

Regards,

Márcio C.

I am just curious where did you get that version?

Solution

Hi Marco,

You will find the old published OML which was having deleted screen in Service Center under Module menu. Please refer below screen shot to find the location. Try to download the old OML from here and recover the deleted screen.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

I fool myself not actually checking that way simply because I already exported an .oml file myself to have a quick back-up. I just find it weird when my file was not working so, I'm expecting the file from service center will not work too simply because they're the same file but seems this will actually work. Thank you, Sachin for reminding about checking this also!

Hello @Marco, follow these steps please! :)

Go to your module and open other version

Select the version or versions that you had the screen before, and you will have it again!!

Kind regards,

Márcio C.

I think this is the quickest way to open old versions. Thanks, Márcio!

The reason why I didn't tried this simply because I keep myself in practice to export an .oml file to have a quick back-up (so I won't look one-by-one on previous versions the version I wanted) that I seldom-ly open--- just when I needed. Just kinda weird when my back-up .oml file doesn't work.

Yeah, I know, but I already had a version of the OutSystems where you could give a message to the publish and see where and when you did that change. And it's really nice to open older versions and see other solutions and things you want to get back! :) The commit message was a huge deal to us, but i don't know if they are going to make it official, lets see :)

Keep up the good work, thank you!

Regards,

Márcio C.

I am just curious where did you get that version?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.