[Case Management framework] Case Assign Process, after subprocess
case-management-framework
Forge component by Platform Maintenace

Hello community,
I am currently on a project using the Case Management framework.
By working with this component, we faced a problem with the 'Case_AssociateProcess' action from the CaseServicesAPI module. I am not being able to continue with the process, after terminating his sub-process. And this is happening because the current process on the case remains my subprocess, even after termination.

Represented above is a part of my main process flow. With this decision, I want to validate if there is a need to go through the subprocess. In case this happens, inside the subprocess, I am assigning the current process to the Case, going through some logic, terminate the subprocess, and also force all activities in this subprocess to terminate.

I checked on DB and the Case's current process remains the subprocess, which ended. And for that reason, I am not getting the next activity of the main process on my activity list. I am forced to (re)associate the main process with the Case.

Every time this subprocess is called, I must assign the main process to the case again, or I am not listing the next activity accordingly with the flow. Is this some limitation from the component?

Best regards,

Tomás Dionísio

Solution

Hi Tomas. Actually i do not have an answer to your concrete question, because iam not using subprocesses within a case. Your "challenge" however sounds like a fit for subflows instead of using subprocesses.

Your main case flow would query if there is a document request and then create a new subflow for doing stuff related to the document request. While that is the case your main case flow would be in Status of "Pending" or "Waiting for" with a Wait in the main case flow waiting for the subflow to finish. See documentation here Subcase - OutSystems on how to use the Wait in the parent case.

Best

Stefan

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.