Listing/Identifying Users list for different roles/functionalities
Question

Hi,

I am implementing "Project Status Tracking" PoC in OutSystems. In that, i want 2 types of users, Developer and Tester.

I am using User defaults entity to create users. However, i want to list down the developers/testers to be displayed in list format on web page.

As i am using default User entity, i have limited set of properties and i can not filter users created for specific project from it.

Can someone please help to resolve my issue?

Thanks,
Kaustubh

Solution

Hi Kaustubh,

there are a few system tables that should help you with this

You can see the users from the several tenants using the UserMT table, you probably need this one to see the developers users

And with the User_Effective_Role and Role you can list the roles the Users have. 

Hope this helps.

Solution Worked For Me...Thanks !!

Hi Kaustubh,

You can create one entity which will have two parameters. UserID (Type : User Identifier) and one Role (Text).

Whenever you create user, create one entry in this table with UserID and Role values. You can use aggregate of this entity which will give you values related to your functionality only and you can also add filter for Developer/Tester in the same if needed.

Regards,

Komal

Solution Worked For Me...Thanks Komal !!

Solution

Hi Kaustubh,

there are a few system tables that should help you with this

You can see the users from the several tenants using the UserMT table, you probably need this one to see the developers users

And with the User_Effective_Role and Role you can list the roles the Users have. 

Hope this helps.

Solution Worked For Me...Thanks !!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.