My Front(Screen) loses communication after one minute
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
Platform Version
Hi, I have a problem when I call a service and it takes more than a minute.
Exactly one minute my front loses communication with the server and returns a 504.
After a minute, a 504 is raised

But for requests lasting less than a minute it is successful

------------------------

Note: The request continues to be executed in the server, it may last 70 seconds for example, but it is disconnected from the Front to give the final response of the service.

My version is  10.0.1005.2, J2EE.

My question is, how can I increase the front wait time until the service gets a response? (More than one minute)

Thanks
Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Hello German,

Please try to increase the Server Timeout and see if it resolves your problem.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi German,

As Sachin suggested you can increase the server request timeout in module properties. But ideally if you request takes so long first thing you should do is to check and optimize your server action.

I am not sure if you have tried it already but if I see from user's prospective it is not a good to keep user waiting for so long to see the response. Also may be your action is taking 60-70 today and may take longer later.

So if your action is doing some processing which is possible to do in background task also then consider using timers and call its wake action where needed.

Executing long running timers

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/OutSystems_Platform_Timers_and_Asynchronous_Processes

Use Wake timer built in action

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Timers/Create_and_Run_Timers#Use_the_WakeTimer_Built-in_Action

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.