how to use asp .net control?

how to use asp .net control?

How to use Asp.Net control in Outsystem.If possible means please gives steps to integrate and use the control.

thanks.
Hi Devaraj,

That functionality is not yet available in the OutSystems platform – you cannot embed server side UI components in the Service Studio Web Screens (as ASP.Net controls). Nevertheless, it is possible to embed any client side objects in your OutSystems Web Screen (javascript libraries – Jquery, Prototype, CSS; flash; activeX, etc.). In previous OutSystems projects extremely rich and optimized user experiences have been implemented by using this technique.

If there is a extreme need to use a specific external ASP.UI component, you have the alternatives of create an ASP.Net application that exposes the ASP.Net UI control and that integrates with the OutSystems app – you can then embed this application in the OutSystems Web Screens using the standard web techniques (IFRAMES, Web Services, etc.). This, of course, only justifies if the ASP.Net UI component is highly specific and cannot be implemented in OutSystems  or another client side technology.

Read the post Third Party Controls that also talks about this subject.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems

Thanks for your Reply..

I m little confused.Third party control means for Ex: Can we implement the Telerik in Outsystem?

Hi Devaraj,

As I said, you will not able to use the ASP.Net controls (particularly, the Telerik ASP.Net controls) - you can only use client-side controls. I have not tried it myself, but you should be able to use the Silverlight components - read the forum post Silverlight? that deals with that issue..

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems