Update Data Excel
Question
Service Studio Version
11.10.22 (Build 41777)

Goodnight.

I'm trying to make an application using Excel as a database, every 1 hour I extract from the system but I always need to do the Update Action (Advanced) process. Is there a step-by-step somewhere for it to matter at runtime?

I created it this way (attachment) but it doesn't matter the new version of excel data, it imports the same one that I had already done before.

Thank you all!

Screenshot107.png

Champion

Hello Farah

Your PNG is not accessible for me but through the scenario it seems you only want to run the import function if excel has new data. For this you can do a few checks depending on the operations -

1. With each row of excel you can fix on unique ID and while importing the data you can check with ID exist. You can avoid for already exist data and add the new data. - It will not update the existing data if any row is updated. It is best to insert only but not UPDATE  

2. You can check the EXCEL Modified Time. If the modified time is updated from last import, you can consider this as excel update and update the data.

To run this automatically you can use Timers: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/OutSystems_Platform_Timers_and_Asynchronous_Processes

Hello @Fernando Farah 

On data tab-> resources, you need to update the excel file as well and publish it. After publish execute the timer again.

regards

Gonçalo Almeida

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.