Error sending email

Hi, Im trying to send an email throw a action called register that calls the email.

This is the error I get:

"Error sending email 11: A non-recoverable error occurred during a database lookup    at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at sch#xpyieeqc.sch#kdimjdkl.sch#ephtymox(Int32 bg, Int32 bh)"

I have it configured like this

Thanks in advance,

Allan Wá

Hello Goncalo,

When I was researching this error I found that thread and I followed the steps there and it still didnt worked

thanks

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Allan,

That error probably occurs because you have an emailaddress filled in the SMTP Server field. 

You need to fill in either a hostname or IP of your SMTP server in that field (e.g. smtp.gmail.com).

Regards,

Nordin

Hello Nordin, 

So, in this case my email is hccmcore@gmail.com, how can i get the hostname or Ip of this email? Or how do I create a SMTP server? 

Sorry, its my first time trying to add an email action.

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Allan,

You have to configure the email settings using the Gmail SMTP settings.

The SMTP Server hostname is smtp.gmail.com.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

Im currently struggling with something else. But asap I will try that.

Thanks 

Hi Allan,

In addition to Nordin, you need as well an app password from your google account.

Thank you and regards,

Chris

Hello Christopher,

Your refering to the Password field after the Username? If is that, yes I filled it with the email password

Thanks

Hi Allan,

Email password is different from an app password for google. Anyways before hustling to it, try to check first what Nordin had suggested. I had a recent smtp setup using my google account, during my test, it thrown an exception were in requiring me for my google's app password. This is generated in your Google Account under Security as far as I remember.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Okay okay, I will do that.

Thanks

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.