Post Office email for Reactive site
Question
Application Type
Reactive

I am trying to setup a post office site (Traditional) as a work around for emailing from a Reactive site.   I need to be able to import an image into the post office email to place on the email webscreen.

1. I cant see how to add an import the image/binary file.   (so I looked in preparation.. but im still stuck)

2.  I cant see how to make the binary image display on the email page.

can you help me with bot items.  Import image and display image

Champion
Solution

Hey Dan,

So After doing some research on this topic its seems the best course of action that people have used to solve issues like this is to actually upload this image to a temporary table in the database. 

You can use an action in the reactive web app to submit the image to the database.

Pass the Id of the image to the email action in then traditional application. 

Then you can then retrieve the image in the preparation of the email and display it on screen or attach it. 

You can also implement a timer to remove any temporary photos from this table in order to save space on the DB. 

Let me know if this approach sounds doable or if you need an example to help you get started.

-Bryan 

Champion

Hi Dan,

So because of the restrictions on input parameters you cannot send binary data to the screen. You can however use a function that will convert binary to text and then convert text to binary that you can then use on screen. 

See this thread for more information

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/47956/binary-type-as-input-for-email-preparation/

hope this helps!

Bryan 

It does not know what TextToBinary is

Champion

Hey Dan,

you will have to consume the extension through the manage dependences window

Champion
Solution

Hey Dan,

So After doing some research on this topic its seems the best course of action that people have used to solve issues like this is to actually upload this image to a temporary table in the database. 

You can use an action in the reactive web app to submit the image to the database.

Pass the Id of the image to the email action in then traditional application. 

Then you can then retrieve the image in the preparation of the email and display it on screen or attach it. 

You can also implement a timer to remove any temporary photos from this table in order to save space on the DB. 

Let me know if this approach sounds doable or if you need an example to help you get started.

-Bryan 

thank you for your help.  I am going in that direction now

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.