Encrypt Password
Application Type
Reactive

Good Day everyone, I am newbie in Outsystems and I create a screen which users can create an Users but when it comes to encryption of password it doesn't encrypt. I tried to add Encrypt Password Action but it won't and I think I am missing something. I would like to know what I am missing when it comes to Encryption Password.
In the screen-shot bellow, I created this in my Core-Module.

Regards,
Mobarak

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi I saw your code, you can not use "User.Password" to encrypt password again because in user entity password already encrypted.

So you need to pass password as a text to this function(UserEmployeeCreateOrUpdate) as input parameter then u can use that password in (EncryptPassword).

Please check.

Thanks. 

Solution

Hello @Mobarak Dimalotang,

1. You are setting a local variable "Password" to the EncryptedPassword.

2. You also have a 'User' local variable which I am guessing is likely of 'User' entity data type. If this is so, then the User.Password is not being set to the EncryptedPassword.

So please check/ confirm if 'CreateOrUpdateUser' action is being passed the 'User' local variable then it still has the unencrypted password and that may be your issue.

Regards,

AJ

Thanks bro it, work I am grateful for helping me.
 You a champ.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Mobarak,

Welcome.

I am sharing already answered forum related to encrypt password,

Please have a look.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32802/how-to-encrypt-a-password-using-the-native-encryption-algorithm-of-outsystems/#:~:text=Go%20to%20Manage%20Dependencies%3A,your%20module%20to%20use%20it. 

If this not helpful, I would request you to debug the flow or share oml.

Thanks.

Thanks for your respond Mr @JitendraYadav, I appreciate it a lot.
I saw that post and I tried to implement it on my case but I have an trouble on it.
I cant find the specific location of "VendorForm.Record.User.Password".
Thanks for helping me and here is your requested OML.

FirehouseCore.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi I saw your code, you can not use "User.Password" to encrypt password again because in user entity password already encrypted.

So you need to pass password as a text to this function(UserEmployeeCreateOrUpdate) as input parameter then u can use that password in (EncryptPassword).

Please check.

Thanks. 

Hi, thanks for correcting me. I shouldn't use the Password input parameter and that is
my mistake, now I am quietly understand how it works, it was great help by the way.

Regards,
Mobarak

Solution

Hello @Mobarak Dimalotang,

1. You are setting a local variable "Password" to the EncryptedPassword.

2. You also have a 'User' local variable which I am guessing is likely of 'User' entity data type. If this is so, then the User.Password is not being set to the EncryptedPassword.

So please check/ confirm if 'CreateOrUpdateUser' action is being passed the 'User' local variable then it still has the unencrypted password and that may be your issue.

Regards,

AJ

Thanks bro it, work I am grateful for helping me.
 You a champ.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.