Debug remote browser instance
Application Type
Traditional Web

Due to Covid-19 we are all working at home and this has lead me to a very strange situation. One of my key users is testing an application on the test environment but is getting very strange responses. I can't replicate his responses on my computer at all so I want to debug his session. But I'm not able to do so. The current debugger of Service Studio only responds to actions of my local browser and not from his. Normally I would go to his desk with a test laptop and debug from there but that is not possible at this time. 

Is there any method to solve this issue? Can I tell my Service Studio installation to also trigger on an action from a remote browser? Note that I'm debugging server actions and not service actions.

Greetings,

Vincent

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vincent,

Can you not use a tool like teamviewer, to take over control of the key user laptop, install SS temporarily on it and test it like that? Not ideal, but it should work.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

That is a solution of course but not my preferred one. Our security policies restricts the installation of this tool on non-developers hardware so I would go against that. So if it would be possible to debug remotely then that would have my preference. 

Greetings,

Vincent

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Vincent,

I fully understand and agree with what you write, just wanted to point out there is a plan B if you have no other way to do it.

Regards,

Daniel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.