[LazyDropdownSearch] Error message not visible
Forge component by Steven Decock
Application Type
Reactive

I use this component in a Form (in a sidebar) and I have created a boolean to store if the widget is valid or not. I also put in an error message to help the end-user solve the issue when a problem arises. The configuration is as follows;

When no selection is made (or the current selection is removed) the boolean is set to false so the widget turns red and show the error message. See the following screenshot;

As you can see the widget turns red as expected but does not show the error message. 

Lookin into the HTML I can see that the error message is presented but not visible;

I then started to fiddle around with the CSS class ".form span.validation-message and when I turn off "bottom", "left" and "position" the error message appears as expected;

Note that ".form span.validation-message" is part of OutSystemsUI. Perhaps you can find some solution to this problem. I suspect the <span> tags are added because you have the error message inside an If statement. 

Greetings,

Vincent

Hi @Vincent Koning,

You can use  this CSS to show the error message. 

.async-dropdown-search.choices span.validation-message{ position: relative; bottom: 0; }

you can change bottom property  CSS value to set the position.

Thanks,

Ankit Maharshi

Hi @Vincent Koning and @Ankit Maharshi,

I updated the component to fix this issue (v1.1.4).  You shouldn't need special css anymore for this problem.

Regards,

Steven

Hi @Vincent Koning,

You can use  this CSS to show the error message. 

.async-dropdown-search.choices span.validation-message{ position: relative; bottom: 0; }

you can change bottom property  CSS value to set the position.

Thanks,

Ankit Maharshi

Hi @Vincent Koning and @Ankit Maharshi,

I updated the component to fix this issue (v1.1.4).  You shouldn't need special css anymore for this problem.

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

Thank your for the update. I will test it out soon but I'm sure it is ok :). 

Greetings,

Vincent

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.