How to refresh aggregate during the search using the dropdown?
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi, I'm using the DropdownSearch widget but the list I use to populate the dropdown has too much records and I don't want to fetch all of them at start on aggregate.

There's a way to refresh the aggregate while I'm searching for some term?

For example, when I type "yo", I want to refresh the aggregate to fetch the items on my aggregate with this word...

I just need to know how to refresh the aggregate in this case.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Daniel,

The LazyDropdownSearch Component seems to offer the functionality you are looking for, I personally haven't used it myself but it  has a large number of downloads and good reviews, so it is probably worth a try:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7754/lazydropdownsearch

Make sure to also look around in the Forge for other similar alternatives.

Thanks Francisco. Is working now :D

I think the widget DropdownSearch should do what you want it to.

Not exactly...The widget has just one event OnSelect

This event is triggered just when I select an item. I need to refresh the content of my aggregate when I type something...

The on select is for when you pick an option you assign it's value to a variable (or do whatever else you need to with the value).

You just feed the widget the whole list and it takes care of the search for you.

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the question properly, didn't realize you didn't want to fetch the whole list at start.

Hi Daniel,

The LazyDropdownSearch Component seems to offer the functionality you are looking for, I personally haven't used it myself but it  has a large number of downloads and good reviews, so it is probably worth a try:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7754/lazydropdownsearch

Make sure to also look around in the Forge for other similar alternatives.

Thanks Francisco. Is working now :D

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.