Deploy One Module Reactive

Hello,

Every time I deploy my App to the Prod. environment, it overwrites my Core (Data) module. The App's Data contains a couple of entities (which are not defined as static because of their size) - an Employee Entity (all company Employees ~ 200 people) and a towns Entity (hundreds of towns).

Problem is that every time I deploy the App, the data in these entities doesn't transfer to the new environment, and overwrites the existing entities in Prod with "blank" data. I end up having to manually bootstrap the data every time I deploy, and make sure the references of this entity to other entities and with the UI of the App aren't broken.

Is there an easier way around this?

Thanks in advance! 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi CincoMariposas,

The data does not (nor it shouldn't) get copied from environment to environment.

There are however some situations where you want to do so like bootstrapping configurations. Usually, for those scenarios, there is a timer schedule to run when the module is published to populate this data (this is the case when using OutSystems bootstrap entity functionality), like on the image below:

What you are describing seems to be a scenario like this, where an action is being triggered (likely via a timer with this schedule option) which is changing the data in the target environment.

You can check the timers which ran on Service Center of your Production environment, by accessing via the menu Monitoring - Timers, like on the image below:

Kind Regards,
João

Thank you for you answer,

If i undestand you correctly - you're saying that if i remove the timers (that were created automatically when data was bootstraped?) from both environment, i should be able to deploy without worrying about the data being lost?

thanks again 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi CincoMariposas,

You can remove it if you're not going to use it anymore or simply clear the schedule of the timer so it doesn't run automatically. If the timer doesn't run, then the logic of removing the existing data won't run anymore.

Kind Regards,

João

didnt' quite work. I deleted all timers and bootstrap actions - the towns entity didn't overwrite, but i lost the employees data... any other ideas?

mvp_badge
MVP

Did you have information in employees data in the target environment to start with? Because if you hadn't, you didn't lost it.

If you had employees data in the target environment and indeed you lost it, it is because something is deleting it, so I would check which other timers may be running and deleting the data using Service Center monitoring as explained previously.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.