Standard Date Input does not reflect Environment Configuration
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.22 (Build 42084)
Platform Version
11.11.3 (Build 29602)

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue with the standard OutSystems Input widget (OS11, Reactive) when binding it to a local variable of type 'Date'.

• I'm trying to use the OutSystems standard Input widget with type Date. (No RichWidgets, no OutSystems UI widgets, just the standard Input widget.)
  • My Environment Configuration Date Format is set to DD/MM/YYYY.
  • The Input with type Date shows a date with format MM/DD/YYYY, both in Service Studio and in the browser after publishing.
  • Updating the database Entity when changing the variable in this input does not result in errors. Date is displayed correctly when Entity data is displayed through Entity>'View Data'. (Display issue only?)
  • Issue found in Enterprise environment; reproduced the issue in my Personal Environment. Steps:
    • Triple-check Date Format in Environment Configuration in Service Center, re-publish Solution All to be sure. 
    • Create blank Reactive application, 
    • create new Reactive Web module, 
    • create new Screen,
    • drag standard Input into Screen,
    • add local variable of type Date,
    • (optional) Publish and test.

I'm at a loss here. I can't find any topics about this either, is there something I'm missing?

(I know I can use input masks or different widgets for date selection, I just want to be able to use the OS standard widgets when I need to.)

Hi Monique,

an outsystems input widget with type date, just translates into a standard html input element with date type.  How the date is displayed in that, is decided by the browser and can't be influenced by the platform.

see this example

I have this service center setting

And I have these language options in my Firefox browser

A Demo screen with the same date as a standard input, and also as a expression, will show the expression as defined in service center, but the input as decided by Firefox for the dutch language.

Changing the language to USA English in the browser settings, will influence the input format, the expression format is still the same as service studio setting.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.