Listfilter doesnt work on a Duplicated List
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

I have an aggregate which gets the data in the following structure

I am duplicating this output using "ListDuplicate" and the duplicated list has the data.

Then I am iterating thru the original list (from the aggregate) as below

In the highlighted list filter, I've given the source list as ListDuplicate.DuplicatedList and the condition as 

BlockDisplayConfig.BlockName = GetScreenBlockConfigByProductCode.List.Current.BlockDisplayConfig.BlockName

But, I am not sure why this filtering doesn't work. It just gives me an empty filteredList. Couldn't figure out what I am doing incorrectly here. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Kat

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi KatSiv,

I have tried to replicate the same scenario in the Service type module, and for me, it's working fine, i.e. the ListFilter node is yielding the desired filtered output.

I'm a bit curious as, why it's not working in your case. If possible, you can also create & share a sample module that includes only the logic (serviceModule.oml).

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kat,

Based on the shared screen captures, I guess the forEach loop logic is defined as the server-side logic?

In reactive application, the only option to define the server-side logic under the screen scope is within the Data Action flow but I'm not sure how you refer to the Screen Aggregate (GetScreenBlockConfigByProductCode) List property within the Data Action flow?

If possible, could you please share the .oml file, or could you please describe where precisely the shared logic is defined?

Or else debug the duplicated list before hitting the forEach loop node and ensure the availability of record within the duplicated list.

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Thanks Benjith for the response. The aggregate is data aggregate on the server side (the name is misleading as the Entity name is ScreenConfig), the module is a service module. And I see that the duplicated list is populated correctly with the data from the aggregate. 

Unfortunately, I couldn't share the OML due to restrictions at work.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi KatSiv,

I have tried to replicate the same scenario in the Service type module, and for me, it's working fine, i.e. the ListFilter node is yielding the desired filtered output.

I'm a bit curious as, why it's not working in your case. If possible, you can also create & share a sample module that includes only the logic (serviceModule.oml).

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Thanks Benjith. I really dont know why it didn't work earlier. It started working for me now. I am extremely sorry the confusion and the effort. Regret that I couldn't find the reason.

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, KatSiv.

No problem. At first, I thought maybe some incorrect implementation might be the cause, but sometimes such surprises happen :)

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.