Dropdown with Input for Reactive Web
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

I want to have a dropdown which should also allow the user to add a new entry (just like a combo box). I couldn't find a combo box for reactive. How can I implement this?

Thanks,

KatSiv

Solution

Hello Katsiv

You can achieve this with the below concept - 

1. Add "Others" option in the Dropdown like

<select name="color">
    <option>pick a color</option>  
    <option value="red">RED</option> //from entity list
    <option value="blue">BLUE</option> //from entity list
    <option value="yellow">YELLOW</option> //from entity list
    <option value="others">Others</option>
</select>

2. When selecting the Others, you can open one Input box allow user to type the option

3. After fetching entity records Append one row in the entity with the help of list append action with value "other" 

4. It will keep adding the other's option in your dropdown list. 

Thanks Manish, though it is not very nice, it does the job. I've implemented this

Hi Katsiv,

Please refer this post for your problem's reference : 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/56588/is-there-any-special-list-section-for-dropdown-in-mobile-development/#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20special%20list,this%20list%20to%20the%20dropdown.

If you want to add manual values apart from DB, use a list structure to append your values manually and place the structure as a source to the dropdown widget.

Thanks

Saravanan Santhanam.

Solution

Hello Katsiv

You can achieve this with the below concept - 

1. Add "Others" option in the Dropdown like

<select name="color">
    <option>pick a color</option>  
    <option value="red">RED</option> //from entity list
    <option value="blue">BLUE</option> //from entity list
    <option value="yellow">YELLOW</option> //from entity list
    <option value="others">Others</option>
</select>

2. When selecting the Others, you can open one Input box allow user to type the option

3. After fetching entity records Append one row in the entity with the help of list append action with value "other" 

4. It will keep adding the other's option in your dropdown list. 

Thanks Manish, though it is not very nice, it does the job. I've implemented this

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.