about JIS kanji level
Question

Do you know how many kanji can be entered in outsystems?

Example: jis 3rd level

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi  Biginner,

I assume that you are talking about Japanese Kanji Characters because you referred to jis.

As Kilian said, OutSystems uses Unicode. So, we should be able to use Kanjis in that character set.

This Wikipedia page (Japanese) says that  Unicode includes characters in JIS X 0208 (JIS level-1 and 2) and JIS X 0213 (JIS level-3 and 4), however there seems to be some points to be aware of regarding JIS X 0213.

thank you for your answer.

I understand that you have to be careful about JISX.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Beginner,

I'm not sure what you mean, as I'm not too well versed in Japanese and its writing systems, but Outsystems fully supports Unicode, so kanji should not be a problem.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi  Biginner,

I assume that you are talking about Japanese Kanji Characters because you referred to jis.

As Kilian said, OutSystems uses Unicode. So, we should be able to use Kanjis in that character set.

This Wikipedia page (Japanese) says that  Unicode includes characters in JIS X 0208 (JIS level-1 and 2) and JIS X 0213 (JIS level-3 and 4), however there seems to be some points to be aware of regarding JIS X 0213.

thank you for your answer.

I understand that you have to be careful about JISX.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.