How to translate Substr(Month, 0, 3) to Dutch?

Hi everybody,

I'm using the function Substr(Month, 0, 3) to create a label that refers to the different months of the year:
Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - Jun - Jul - Aug - Sep - Oct - Nov - Dec

I also have a Dutch version of my app where I would like to display the same label, but with their Dutch translations. The letters in bold are the months in which the Dutch version is different:
Jan - Feb - Mrt - Apr - Mei - Jun - Jul - Aug - Sep - Okt - Nov - Dec

Does anyone know how to display the corresponding Dutch abbreviations? It's also a bit tricky when it comes to March, because the Dutch abbreviation for March does not consist of the first 3 letters of the word "Maart" ("March"). The abbreviation translates to "Mrt" (so not "Maa" from "Maart").

Any comments are much appreciated!

Hello,

I think the best way to do that is use multilingual, check more information here.

Also you can create Static Entity with both translations.

If you use Oracle you can do this query, otherwise (SQL Server) you may need to search for compabilities on query.

ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE='Dutch';

select MonthNumber, MonthName,MonthAbr

from

(SELECT

to_char(add_months(trunc(to_date('2019-12-31', 'YYYY-MM-DD')), -level+1),'mm') as MonthNumber, to_char(add_months(trunc(to_date('2019-12-31', 'YYYY-MM-DD')), -level+1),'Month') as MonthName, to_char(add_months(trunc(to_date('2019-12-31', 'YYYY-MM-DD')), -level+1),'MON') as MonthAbr FROM dual CONNECT BY LEVEL <= (12) ) t order by 1 asc;
ALTER SESSION SET NLS_LANGUAGE='English';

Best Regards

Thanks @Igor Khodak 

It helped me a lot too.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.