Replacing Entity/attributes without need to manually change widget directory value
Question
Application Type
Reactive

This is pretty much straight forward. We need to replace data from one entity to another entity, preferably without the need to go to "Interface" and change manually one by one all the directories of the values in the different widgets and charts. Is there an easy or quick way to do this? thanks in advance 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Search the text you want to replace, then in the search window use the Replace all occurrences button.

thanks, i didn't know this option existed.

appreciate it

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

For you it is apparently straight forward what you want, your question description is not.

After carefully reading your question a few times, maybe what you ask is how you can replace entity references on a screens and webblocks in an easier way than doing this for each screen and webblock one by one?

But I am guessing here, maybe you can elaborate more?

Regards,

Daniel

Sorry for not being clear enough. Ill start from the begining and hopefully this will be easier to understand.

I have a Recruiting Systems built, which is being used by our HR department. This systems logs data of potential applicants (personal info, such as name, phone number, ect.). I also built a Contact Information weblock for the company's systems. This "microservice" was built to log the same personal data that was previously logged in the recruiting systems (such as name, phone number, ect.), alongside personal data from other systems.

Since the Recruiting Systems' UI currently calls for the Applicants personal data from the Recruiting_Core (applicants entity) and not the Contacts_Core (contact entity), I would have to change manually every widget, input, expression ect. that calls for the personal data.

like changing an expression in the UI that displays the applicants name from calling "applicants.firstname" to calling "contacts.firstname", and so on.

I'm hoping there is some way to make all these changes in a more automatic, faster or easier way. Hope this made things a bit clearer. thanks again. 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Search the text you want to replace, then in the search window use the Replace all occurrences button.

thanks, i didn't know this option existed.

appreciate it

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.